LAÔMA’s jewelry is handcrafted in silver and gold. You get either an impregnated polishing cloth or a polishing cloth WITHOUT impregnation with your order.
The impregnated polishing cloth can be used for your silver and gold pieces and the polishing cloth WITHOUT impregnation can be used for gently cleaning your Gold Vermeil or Rhodium plated pieces (ok to use on all plating).
HOW TO CARE FOR YOUR JEWELRY:
For SILVER and GOLD:
- Use the polishing cloth that is impregnated to polish your pieces to prevent oxidation and keep their shine
- Do NOT use this cloth on pearls or Gold Vermeil or other plated pieces
- You can also use mild washing up liquid, warm water and a sponge or a soft toothbrush to clean your jewelry regularly. This method can also be used on pearls and gemstones
For GOLD VERMEIL or RHODIUM Plating
- Use the polishing cloth WITHOUT impregnation to clean your pieces gently
- Vermeil, Rhodium or other plating should not be polished
Gold plated jewelry can fade over time with frequent wear and needs extra care.
HOW TO EXTEND THE LIFE OF YOUR GOLD PLATED / GOLD VERMEIL / RHODIUM PLATED OR OTHER PLATED JEWELRY
- Remove your jewelry before washing your hands, showering, swimming or exercising
- Avoid contact with cremes, perfumes, cleaning or any other products that can damage the plating
- Store your pieces preferably in a pouch or box separate from other jewelry to avoid scratches
- If you travel, store your jewels in a padded box where they can’t move around
- Clean your jewelry regularly with the soft cloth provided with your order
We like to remind people of how to proper care for their jewelry but we think that jewelry should be worn so it is natural for jewelry plating to wear off over a long period of time. That’s why we use a thick plating for all of our Gold Vermeil pieces and offer a replating service if the plating fades over the years.